bsdmetfan
October 9th, 2003, 18:12
I have two Mozillas installed from ports: a native one and a linux-mozilla. Both version 1.4. (I use 5.1-RELEASE-p6 now).

While the native one works o.k., the linux-mozilla is working extremely slowly.... for example, taking the IP from a DNS server tooks it about 10 times more time the native FreeBSD Mozilla spends. The same with actually downloading the page.

Any ideas why? The Linux /compat/linux/etc/resolv.conf is O.K. (to be honest, there was no such file in a default install, I created one).

Kuba.

soup4you2
October 9th, 2003, 19:07
have you tried using firebird?

rob897
October 10th, 2003, 00:06
Yea Firebird is all I use now. Its alot faster then Mozilla IMO.

bsdmetfan
October 10th, 2003, 02:08
Does Firebird work with the latest Flash 6 plugin for -CURRENT?
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14906
Kuba.

soup4you2
October 10th, 2003, 08:58
if you use the linux-firebird you can use the linux flash plugins.. i'm sure their up to 6

elmore
October 10th, 2003, 13:03
If you're running firebird native you can install the flash plugin via the wrapper, though it is only version 5 unless someone has upped it in the past few days. Firebird is nice BTW. I'm not really sure why your mozilla is so much slower in emulation. I have both installed on my machine as well and they are both compareable in terms of speed. Firebird does however blow them both away. I've seen webbrowsers take a while if /etc/hosts is improperly setup as well. Might be something to check out anyway.