bsdmetfan
October 30th, 2003, 07:15
I have a fresh 5.1-RELEASE system installed with ports CVSup'ped (on Oct 29th) to tag=. (current). When trying to compile and install XFree86-4 from ports, I get the following error:

<!-- BEGIN -->

# cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4
# make install clean
[...]
cc -O -mmmx -msse -m3dnow -march=athlon-xp -ansi -Dasm=__asm -Wno-system-header
s -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wundef -I/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc
-I/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/exports/include -DCSRG_BASED -DF
UNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -DXUSE_MTSAFE_
API -DXNO_MTSAFE_PWDAPI -c /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib/G
L/glx/glapi_x86.S
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib/GL/glx/glapi_x86.S:2:22: assyntax
.h: No such file or directory
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib/GL/glx/glapi_x86.S:3:26: glapioff
sets.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib/GL/GL.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib/GL.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4.

<!-- END -->

Any1 knows why :?: Please help :cry:

Kuba.

Strog
October 30th, 2003, 12:22
Did you already have XF86 loaded on this machine?

bsdmetfan
October 30th, 2003, 12:39
No, it was a fresh system. After rebooting from sysinstall and cvsupping current ports I went to /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4 and run "make install clean" (as I've written earlier).

What is even more strange, when I run "make install clean" again after the error, the compilation seems to go further and then it breaks at some other point (missing some .h files in lib/GL/glx directory). I found that some of the missing .h files can be found in [...]/mesa/src directiory... could it be a FILE PLACING/LINKING BUG in the port?

Now I try to make the compilation proceed by copying the missing files where the computer is looking for them. As far as now, it does work, however one after one there are new missing files.... I hope I won't get into an infiinte loop :P (if so, please kill -HUP me...)

Strog
October 30th, 2003, 13:35
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4 is really just a meta package. You can go in and try installing the first couple ports manually and see if you have better luck with that.

You might want to do a portupgrade -ar to make sure everything else is up to date before you go too much further.

You might want to check the mailing lists to see if anyone else has run into this problem. Perhaps something was accidently broken in the Oct 29 ports.