thedude
November 1st, 2003, 13:29
I hate buggin you guys about questions that can be answered in a hour or two on Google so does anybody have a favorite out of the new crop of books on OpenBSD?

optyk
November 1st, 2003, 13:59
I hate buggin you guys
Haha! No, you don't! :wink:

I have 'Absolute OpenBSD' by Michael W. Lucas. It's a good beginner-to-intermediate book. It's good enough that I don't regret spending money on it. Outside of the links on the OpenBSD website it's all I've read.

Amicus
November 2nd, 2003, 08:14
I've been reading Absolute OpenBSD by Michael Lucas and Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF by Jacek Artymiak. Goto www.devguide.net to get Building Firewalls... It's a basic-intermediate book as well. First few chapters are basic installation, etc.. then moves into pf scenarios for the other 3/4's of the book.

thedude
November 2nd, 2003, 16:03
"I've been reading Absolute OpenBSD by Michael Lucas and Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF by Jacek Artymiak. Goto www.devguide.net to get Building Firewalls... It's a basic-intermediate book as well. First few chapters are basic installation, etc.. then moves into pf scenarios for the other 3/4's of the book."

Which one is your fav so far?

z0mbix
November 2nd, 2003, 17:26
Here's another vote for "Absolute OpenBSD". It's a great resource for beginners to intermediate users.

Amicus
November 3rd, 2003, 13:15
Which one is your fav so far?

I'm going to say Building Firewalls... Don't get me wrong, Absolute OpenBSD is good, but it's more of an overview and an extension of the faq's (so far). Building Firewalls... is down and dirty so far and I can't wait for the 2nd half "The OpenBSD Gazetteer". If you got the funds, buy them both. :P