molotov
December 19th, 2003, 12:38
Eek!
Help! I need gifts people can give me, I'm horrible at this sorta thing, and aparently I'm impossible to shop for. Any and all suggestions welcome.

soup4you2
December 19th, 2003, 13:00
i've got the same problem.. think this is my 5th year at least w/ out giving people ideas.. just cant think of anything i want that the buyer wont screw up getting..

Strog
December 19th, 2003, 13:24
If you like gaming then ask for Call of Duty by Activision. It's made by the same people that did Medal of Honor Allied Assault. It's so much better. It's optimized so it's not a hog and runs very well on machines that had a little trouble with MOHAA.

It's on my list. 8)

frisco
December 19th, 2003, 14:48
I keep an amazon wish list with all the movies and books i'd like. Not that anyone ever buys stuff for me from it, but it's there. There are always books and movies i'd like to have, and everytime i hear/think of one i add it to the list.

v902
December 19th, 2003, 18:44
Get some books or a new box.

socomm
December 19th, 2003, 19:20
I'm with everyone here. Get some books, games, hardware, or even *gasp* clothing. A 2600 sweatshirt sure sounds good about now, there's also thinkgeek, hell even SE has some shirts and stuff :lol:.

Kernel_Killer
December 20th, 2003, 15:20
LOL! I know exatcly how that. No one knows what to buy me ever. Usually they could hear me talk about a video game, and grab that, but since the video games have kinda phased out since I hardly play them now it's almost impossible to find anything.

I would almost disragrd books unless they know about your interests very well. You don't what to end up with a Visual Fox Pro book or something. :P

I guess games could be a good thing, but it seems like you are like me, and prefer to tinker on systems rather than play games.

Really, I have no idea how to resolve this other than gift certificates, or flat out cash. Getting cash from 4 or 5 people that have no idea what to buy you can always help get something more expensive. :D