nutznboltz
April 8th, 2004, 17:16
I added the RSS feed from the front page into AmphetaDesk[1] but only got one article, the one about the "new" front page.

Is there a different RSS feed to use for the forums? That other BSD support page has RSS forums.

http://support.daemonnews.org/questions.php

1. (speaking of which why isn't there a port of AmphetaDesk yet. I guess I could submit one...)

elmore
April 8th, 2004, 19:10
the rss feed stuff is all fscked atm. Currently the whole site is under a redesign on another computer, once it's complete and brought live sometime within the next few weeks rss feeds will stream the forum. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

nutznboltz
April 8th, 2004, 19:33
Thanks for letting me know about this site's RSS.

I'm pretty deep into making my AmphetaDesk port. This will be my third port but it's the first Perl port I've done and I haven't made a port in maybe a year or two.

I think if it wasn't for emacs this sort of stuff would drive me (more) nutz but kill-rectangle, open-rectangle and yank-rectangle are kick-butt, not to mention picture-mode for when you want the cursor to go up and down not sideways.

Hopefully I'll have something to alpha test on a virgin 5.2.1 system. I'd like some help beta testing.

nutznboltz
April 8th, 2004, 21:56
The only problems left are (1) patching AmphetaDesk to save user setting in a ~/.AmphetaDesk directory and (2) testing and (3) getting it into the ports tree.