NullSpin
May 3rd, 2004, 22:58
Hi all,
Excuse the repetition of this question. I have found it on a number of sites, including our very own. But I don't see where i'm going wrong. I have installed on 5.2.1

linuxpluginwrapper
linux-flashplugin6

created /etc/libmap.conf

# Flash6 with Mozill/Firebird/Galeon/Ephiphany
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0 liblthread.so.3
libdl.so.2 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1 libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 liblstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6 libm.so.2
libc.so.6 pluginwrapper/flash6.so

(looks like after the post it kind of gets rid of my spacing. but in the libmap.conf it is there)

I also have WITH_LIBMAP=yes in the make.conf

Linux is installed and enabled at boot up. Yet whenever I run firefox I get the following error and of course flash does not work.

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "liblthread.so.3" not found]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so [Shared object "libc.so.6" not found]

Can someone point out the error of my ways?
Appreciat it.
NS

molotov
May 6th, 2004, 15:50
libpthread.so.0 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1 libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 libstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6 libm.so.2

put that in libmap.conf instead of what you currently have, also, I didnt need anything in make.conf. Give that a while

NullSpin
May 6th, 2004, 18:53
Tried that edit on libmap.conf and got:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "liblstdc++.so.4" not found]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so [Shared object "libc.so.6" not found]

Anyone else have any ideas....It's a mission now.
NS

molotov
May 6th, 2004, 19:01
Might it be something with linux pthreads? If youre around, hop on irc, Ill try to give you a hand there.

elmore
May 6th, 2004, 20:31
If this gets fixed in irc please post the results in this thread please :icon_smil

molotov
May 6th, 2004, 21:07
libmap.conf

# Flash6 (temporary setting)
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1 libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 libstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6 libm.so.2

# Acrobat with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6 pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

Put this as libmap.conf, and problems are solved. Yay for life.

NullSpin
May 7th, 2004, 18:52
I just wanted to thank molotov for the help. It was above and beyond the call of duty.
Secondly I wanted to point out to the new initiates into freebsd that there are 2 statements per line except for those that are commented out or those that begin with a bracket. For some reason when it is posted the spacing is reduced to one space per line. Which would probably still work but no space will not.

NS