rende2
May 4th, 2004, 17:06
What had started in a routine upgrade of kdevelop has turned into a 3 day long upgrade marathon. I am running FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE.

Started everything out with a full update to my ports tree, then tried a make deinstall/make reinstall of kdevelop [In hindsight I should have been happy with my current *working* version and left things be].

Originally lost libintl.so.5 in upgrade of gettext (this seems to be a common problem). Did a portupgrade -rf gettext and fixed that problem. Now kdevelop gets past the libintl.so.5 error and wants to update QT to the current version. When building QT, I am getting a libexpat.so.4 not found error, however locate libexpat.so.4 gives /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.4 !!!

expat is updated to current according to pkg_version (assuming this got taken care of in the recursive gettext upgrade). Could this be a problem in the QT makefile or am I missing something?

About to reinstall soon, although I would rather not. A bit of a pain on this old PII thinkpad 600 that I am using, although if I started out with a full reinstall I would probably be done by now.

molotov
May 4th, 2004, 17:26
http://www.screamingelectron.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1463