Junky
May 12th, 2004, 16:21
Hi,

I've been running OpenBSD 3.4 for a while now using the Openbox window manager. I find it very clean and prefer it to fluxbox.

Anyway, I just got the OpenBSD 3.5 discs and performed a fresh install. However, after installing openbox I am having problems with the wm. My config files are same as before:

.xsession:
xclock -bg black -fg green -hd green &
xterm -geometry 80x25+170+0 -bg black -fg green &
/usr/local/bin/openbox

The window manager starts up and I can see xclock and xterm. However there is no mouse pointer and clicking l/m/r does nothing. Using fluxbox with same file and there are no problems?

I was hoping someone else may have an idea about this - without error messages I wasn't sure where to begin looking on the net.

Thanks

elmore
May 12th, 2004, 16:23
you sure moused is turned on in /etc/rc.conf

Junky
May 12th, 2004, 17:28
elmore, thanks for your suggestion.

I just removed fluxbox and installed openbox.
Like the idiot I am, I just realise I didn't describe the fault accurately!

Openbox starts up and there **IS** a mouse pointer which you can move around. However, on left, middle, or right clicking nothing happens! i.e. no menus.

When running fluxbox there is no problem with mouse buttons i.e. they show menus. So it seems to be an openbox specific issue...?

Again any suggestions would be very welcome - I've really grown accustom to openbox.

bmk1st
June 4th, 2004, 10:49
Sounds like there is missing config for Openbox. You need to create a directory in your home directory.

Try this.

mkdir .config
mkdir .config/openbox

Download http://www3.telus.net/public/dale_d/configs/rc.xml.conf and http://www3.telus.net/public/dale_d/configs/menu.xml.conf

Rename these files to rc.xml and menu.xml and put both in .config/openbox/. Reload openbox and see what happen. Hope it works for ya.

You can edit menu.xml for your own perferences. These config files have been made by somebody else and I only used it as my reference and created my own menu.xml