sde
October 25th, 2004, 14:57
For the last 3 days, this website has not allowed me to view it from home. It just times out. Same thing when I ping it.

I'm at work, and it loads fine. At home, every other website I regularly visit loads fine too.

I have flushed dns on my home xp pro box, and it still doesn't load. I've tried to login with my laptop and it still doesn't let me on.

It is like my ip is blocked or something.

I really would like to be able to view the site from home, and since I can't access it from multiple computers at my house, I'm thinking my IP is blocked or something.

Is this possible?

bsdjunkie
October 25th, 2004, 15:53
Its doubtful that the IP was banned in the last 3 days, but if you wanted to send a pm to myself or another mod/admin we can verify its not being dropped. Most blocks are done by user account as well, so you would not be able to login with the same user if this was the case.

sde
October 25th, 2004, 16:11
well i don't think it would be at a 'forum' level of admin since i can not even reach the server. i've talked to KK about it in irc, and he didn't see my ip in there, so i'm not sure what is going on. i suppose it's a personal problem. =/

bsdjunkie
October 25th, 2004, 16:34
If you run a traceroute from home to screamingelectron, where do you get stopped at? There could be a routing loop or some other problem getting there, Its quite common on networks to see this, especially cable networks. :P

elmore
October 25th, 2004, 16:34
hrmmm... That sounds a little weird to me. Once I get home sde I'll check it out. Just lemme know via pm what ip you are posting from and I'll check it out. You won;t be able to ping us as we disallow icmp traffic.

sde
October 25th, 2004, 16:45
If you run a traceroute from home to screamingelectron, where do you get stopped at? There could be a routing loop or some other problem getting there, Its quite common on networks to see this, especially cable networks. :P my crappy isp ( adelphia ) doesn't let me do that =/

thanks elmore, i'll pm you now.

bmw
October 25th, 2004, 18:22
For the last 3 days, this website has not allowed me to view it from home. [...] xp pro box [...]

Are we possibly missing the obvious? ;-) ;-)

sde
October 25th, 2004, 18:41
rofl .. i know i shouldn't have said that :D

is the code below at the top of your header here?
<?
if(strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],"win"))
header("location: http://0.0.0.0");
?> that's what it feels like :)

sde
October 25th, 2004, 22:50
errr .. issue fixed. this ip showed up as scan on my software firewall and i blocked it. .. lol where is that embarrassed smilie? haha

Kernel_Killer
October 25th, 2004, 23:03
Well, at least you are on now from both places. Sit back and have a PBR, or Fat Tire. Your choice. It's been a long day for all of us. :all_cohol