elmore
December 8th, 2002, 05:02
So se been around for a while, we've accomplished lots. The question I have to ask is this.

Does anyone want to see anything else here on se. Services, forums, news, mail, or whatever lets make this community something to really be proud of. After all it's all of you not me that makes this place the great thing it's become.

Whatever you guys want, let me know and I'll do my best to work something out.

z0mbix
December 9th, 2002, 13:04
I think the forums pretty much cover everything. It's more a case of how all of us can promote the site and get more traffic to build up the community. It's just a shame *BSD users are so good at sorting things out themselves :) Some of the Linux forums I go to have thousands of users, unfortunately asking simple questions that google or a man page could answer, but they still have huge communities.

schotty
December 10th, 2002, 13:23
I seriously think that BSD in general is a great tool for weeding out want-ers and do-ers. The do-ers will find a way to get it to work. The want-ers will have to bug everyone they know to do it because they merely want it to work. Thats why every linux bbs I have hit and been part of, has had 90% fluff from easily researched material.

Strog
January 21st, 2003, 11:32
Can we get an Acccess forum going? or maybe .NET? or Gator? :shock:

All kidding aside, I was working with a serial console cable on an OpenBSD box and a FreeBSD box. I was having a little trouble and thought maybe it was a hardware/cable issue. Turned out that it was a config issue on my part although the HP Netserver E40 is supposed to have console access support in the bios and I still haven't got that working.

I was having a time figuring out where to put the question. I figured the Anything Goes forum would be the closest but maybe a General Hardware forum might be nice if you really want to add one.

elmore
January 21st, 2003, 11:39
Nice, that's something that won;t get posted to all the time but would be nice to have around for sure. Thanks Strog.