bmk1st
December 14th, 2004, 16:36
Hi all,

I'm running FreeBSD 5.3 and I tried to install several ports. When I typed make install clean in /usr/ports/www/mozilla. The menu appeared and I tried to select some options. Now it's messed up. I can't delete it or do anything but I only can either press 'enter' to continue or hit ctrl+c to cancel the installation. How should I fix this?

bsdjunkie
December 14th, 2004, 16:49
Try a make deinstall to completely get rid of it. Then start over.

bmk1st
December 14th, 2004, 17:03
Try a make deinstall to completely get rid of it. Then start over.

That didn't fix the problem with text selection in the menu. I see similar problems with some other ports.

Atlas
December 14th, 2004, 17:59
Is your keyboard layout properly defined for your system? Some of the other guys could probably tell you a more 31337 way to find out, but I would just check in sysinstall -> configure.

bmk1st
December 20th, 2004, 21:57
Is your keyboard layout properly defined for your system? Some of the other guys could probably tell you a more 31337 way to find out, but I would just check in sysinstall -> configure.
Thank you very much. I chose US ISO and it works great. Thanks again! :-)

Strog
December 28th, 2004, 15:33
That didn't fix the problem with text selection in the menu. I see similar problems with some other ports.

The ports with the config menus save the configs in /var/db/ports/portname. You can remove/edit the options file in the directory. It basically has the option(s) you selected (WITH_FOO=true). You could look at the existing ones to get an idea of making some options files for other ports. This could be handy to do customized bulkbuilds or make sure which options portupgrade is using when it rebuilds a port.