elmore
January 26th, 2003, 18:02
so has anyone checkedout Apple's new web browser? SAFARI? I want to check it out. I think I'm going to look at it this week. Has anyone else seen it? Any opinions?

soup4you2
January 26th, 2003, 18:27
i've checked it out... looks really nice. their Xwindows is pretty decent as well.. one of my forum members was bragging about it.. he seems to swear that it's outstanding... it's about time too because there seems to be a true lack of good web browsers for the mac.

KrUsTy!
January 26th, 2003, 18:53
I've tried safari, and although I think it is pretty fast I have 2 major problems with it.

1. The brushed metal makes it ugly.
2. No tabs.

Its is just a beta, and a very strong beta release so hopefully improvements will come.

The best browser IMHO for Mac OS X is Chimera. Looks great, fast and solid, and does tabs. Easily beats safari right now. Based on mozilla...

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/chimera/

Download the nightly build from December 20th, which is there latest release... Its right on the page.

The Apple X11 is great in my opinion too, take a look at this thread on SE when it was first released.

http://screamingelectron.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=232&highlight=

{K}

v902
January 26th, 2003, 19:26
I've heard it's very nice... Gotta try it out sometime too, but nothing can beat trust old lynx! :D

soup4you2
January 27th, 2003, 19:39
I've heard it's very nice... Gotta try it out sometime too, but nothing can beat trust old lynx! :D

i've been using lynx again a lot recently.... and though it's fast some site 's suck ass twords navigating in it.... take these forums for example you lynx to it you get a bunch of crap in the top...

rob897
November 5th, 2003, 23:07
Safari is ok, but now that firebird is out, there is no reason to use it IMO.
And I am also real tired of the brushed metal look.

Kernel_Killer
August 27th, 2004, 16:36
I can't stay away from it now. Firefox just sits there on the desktop untouched. Of course, there are tabs now, and no trouble with any plugins.