Edward
September 20th, 2005, 09:12
I'm new to FreeBSD and I'm trying to get a webserver running. Apache and php4 runs just fine but I can't get support for GD activated. I found a couple of guides on the net but when i try to install lang/php4-extensions I get this:

===> Installing for php4-extensions-1.0
===> php4-extensions-1.0 depends on file: /usr/local/include/php/main/php.h - found
===> php4-extensions-1.0 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/php/20020429/gd.so - not found
===> Verifying install for /usr/local/lib/php/20020429/gd.so in /usr/ports/graphics/php4-gd
===> php4-gd-4.3.10 depends on executable: phpize - found
===> php4-gd-4.3.10 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/autoconf259 - found
===> php4-gd-4.3.10 depends on shared library: freetype.9 - found
===> php4-gd-4.3.10 depends on shared library: png.5 - found
===> php4-gd-4.3.10 depends on shared library: jpeg.9 - found
===> php4-gd-4.3.10 depends on shared library: t1.5 - found
===> php4-gd-4.3.10 depends on shared library: X11.6 - found
===> PHPizing for php4-gd-4.3.10
aclocal15: not found
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/php4-gd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions.
Someone said it was caused by a corrupted bsd.port.mk so I tried replacing it with no luck.

The server is running FreeBSD 4.11

I am very thankful for any ideas.

/Edward

Strog
September 20th, 2005, 11:08
I see the current version of php4-gd is 4.4.0. You may want to read the Handbook section on ports (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html) to update to the latest version via cvsup. If this seems too much then you could mv/rm the current ports tree and grab the latest ports (ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/ports.tar.gz) tarball off the ftp.

The link above on using ports also talks about using portupgrade to keep your apps up to date. Once you get up to date then it should go much smoother.

Let us know if you run into any problems updating or installing after you do update. :biggrin:

Edward
September 20th, 2005, 11:26
I've used cvsup before but neglected to add ports-lang.

After the update it results in the same thing but 4.4.0 instead. :frown:

[EDIT]: Added ports-graphics too but still same.
[EDIT2]: Problem solved! I deinstalled lang/php4 and the installation of lang/php4-extensions completed successfully. Thank you. :smile: