mhxy594
August 17th, 2006, 23:24
Hello,

I have 3 servers (web1, web2, and mail1). Web1 and Web2 are Windows 2003 systems and mail1 is OpenBSD 3.9 with Postfix + Amavis + Spamassassin. Web1 and mail1 are in the same network.

Just have a problem with Web2, when I try to telnet to mail1 from Web2 and try to sent an email using an external address (something like user1@abc.com (user1@abc.com), or even user1@hotmail.com (user1@hotmail.com)) I will have an message saying:

550 5.7.1 Rejected, id=10972-05 - Message rejected: SPAM. Contact postmaster@myserver.com (postmaster@myserver.com) in case of problems.

However, I don't have the above issues when I use web1, the email had been sent with the external address at the "From: " row.

Regarding this issue, I have a few things to ask:
1. Why does it happen to web2 but not web1?
2. In the mail error message, I know the message "- Message rejected ..... of problems" can be found in the Amavis configuration file. But don't know where the Rejected, id-10972-05 came from.
3. What will be the fix of the above issue (of course).....

I'm a newbie in the opensource stuff so this may not sound technical. Thanks for your help and let me know if you want more information

mhxy594