bsdjunkie
August 11th, 2002, 01:42
Now that Jaguar X.2 is coming out, who here thinks its fair to have to pay $129 for the upgrade?? I have fairly recently got a quicksilver box and it came with coupons for 5 "FREE" upgrades. Also, you get get upgrades from Apple for $20 media and shipping charges which i feel is fair. The new OS X looks great, has merged up to freebsd 4.4, but the price is almost as bad as MS @!%@$ :(

|MiNi0n|
August 12th, 2002, 11:54
Now that Jaguar X.2 is coming out, who here thinks its fair to have to pay $129 for the upgrade?? I have fairly recently got a quicksilver box and it came with coupons for 5 "FREE" upgrades. Also, you get get upgrades from Apple for $20 media and shipping charges which i feel is fair. The new OS X looks great, has merged up to freebsd 4.4, but the price is almost as bad as MS @!%@$ :(

Pricey but worth in my estimation :-) OS X has been extremely impressive thus far!

elmore
August 26th, 2002, 20:01
So, did anybody check Jaguar out this past weekend? Just curious to know what's up with it.

bsdjunkie
August 26th, 2002, 23:41
Ill be getting a copy in a few days. From what ive heard its faster and very nice. :roll:

bsdjunkie
August 28th, 2002, 15:11
OK, got OS X.2 the other day. First of all, i DO NOT reccomend installing it on a unix file system. The install took 2 hours and i exprienced hangs, slowdowns in general and mozilla wouldnt even work. After reinstalling with the reccommened Mac OS extended file system, everything works perfect and is fast as hell. the install that time only took 30 min. (based on G4 733 with 1 gig ram) Mozilla works correctly now, and i havnt experienced any of the hangups or freezes that i had with UFS. Quartz extreme is nice, transparency is even better. The new mail app looks promising, has a nice junk filter that you can train. :P