elmore
April 28th, 2003, 00:18
Jedaffra has been kind enough to contribute some more graphical artwork to SE. He has recently designed two banners for us. I thought that we should have a vote on which one of them should be the official banner for SE.

Here are the links:

Banner #1
http://www.jedaffra.net/seo/SEO-banner.gif

Banner #2
http://www.jedaffra.net/seo/SEO-banner-01.gif

Thanks Jedaffra for all your work!

We'll take a week to vote. Poll closes next Sunday!

Strog
April 28th, 2003, 01:11
Both are awesome. I don't care which one wins even though I do like one a little more than the other.

Great work Jedaffra again. :wink:

v902
April 28th, 2003, 01:32
Nice work! I had no idea what the orb was (an electron? =)) so I voted for the first =)

soup4you2
April 28th, 2003, 09:09
Nice........ outstanding job....... i like the first one best though....

wanna make me one too while your in the mood...

revolution
April 28th, 2003, 17:44
they are both great, im leaning more toward the first one :D

soup4you2
April 28th, 2003, 17:52
just lemme know if you want me to update the one on my site.. the colors should match good w/ the dog theme

elmore
April 28th, 2003, 20:17
tight vote so far

KrUsTy!
April 28th, 2003, 23:18
Man, both are great. Either one would be completely cool!

But since I can vote, I looked for a while and went towards the first one. Nothing says that we couldn't just have 2 choices in banners for people though....

Nice work Jedaffra, You Rock!

{K}

elmore
April 29th, 2003, 00:38
That's a good idea krusty, we could use both. If the vote stays as even as it's been it would probably be best to use both.

jedaffra
April 29th, 2003, 15:13
Thanks everyone for the positive comments & votes

:)

Strog
April 29th, 2003, 15:26
Jedaffra, did you vote yet? :wink:

bsdjunkie
April 29th, 2003, 16:15
Just wondering, seems that everyone posting here has voted for #1, myself included. Where did we get 7 other users voting for the other one... :lol:

Strog
April 29th, 2003, 16:38
I voted for #2, though both are great. I think you misread my first post. :P

elmore
April 29th, 2003, 17:00
I votedfor number 2 asl well junkie

|MiNi0n|
April 29th, 2003, 18:37
I voted for 2. I like the colour added by the redish globe.

jedaffra
April 30th, 2003, 08:32
Jedaffra, did you vote yet? :wink:

Yup - I also voted for banner #2 but it doesn't matter to me which one receives the most votes. I like em' both :wink:

schotty
May 2nd, 2003, 15:01
They both kick alot of serious ass (I am amused by people with art skills, since I have none). But Numero 2'no is cooler. The red electron just is cooler.

jedaffra
May 2nd, 2003, 23:40
Sorry to say that my web site will be down for a week due to unforseen circumstances, technical difficulties, yada, yada...

elmore - let me know if you want me to e-mail you a couple of copies to post.

elmore
May 3rd, 2003, 00:13
I sorta think that most people who are going to vote have voted so......
I'm prepared to call it if there aren't any objections. Banner #2 it is. Of course if you really want to fly banner #1 that's kewl as well.

So, Jedaffra if you can e-mail me those banners I'll go on and put em up in a new thread for those that need to fly the S.E. banner.

Everyone if you have a website or if you have a friend that has a website or if your first cousin once removed has a half-sister that has a brother who has a friend who's uncle runs a website. Please promote us fly the banner. We won't let you down.

One more thing. We'll have t-shirts, very soon. I've got a quote I'm waiting for currently. Nothing super fancy just plain simple t-shirts. Heavy duty cotton. Similar to the OBSD style shirt in thickness and durability.

Who's interested?

KrUsTy!
May 3rd, 2003, 13:37
One more thing. We'll have t-shirts, very soon. I've got a quote I'm waiting for currently. Nothing super fancy just plain simple t-shirts. Heavy duty cotton. Similar to the OBSD style shirt in thickness and durability.

Who's interested?

I'm interested for sure! I was thinking that we should something like that.

Cool, SE schwag...

{K}

elmore
May 5th, 2003, 11:17
O.K. Here are the banners. Feel free to fly one on your website.

http://screamingelectron.org/images/banners/SEO-banner.gif
http://screamingelectron.org/images/banners/SEO-banner-01.gif

banner-01 is the official banner but feel free to fly either one. Thanks again Jedaffra. The artwork looks awesome!

jedaffra
May 5th, 2003, 18:38
I'm interested for sure! Cool, SE schwag...[/quote]

Me too

elmore
May 6th, 2003, 08:59
If you're flying the S.E. Banner let us know, put a link to your website!

soup4you2
May 6th, 2003, 12:47
havent gotten around to updating it on my site.. but i will do it once i get a chance... been really busy lately..

elmore
May 7th, 2003, 19:58
Anybody have any ideas on who we can get to fly our banner?

socomm
May 7th, 2003, 21:25
linuxjunior.org? I know they link to this BBS, wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose

tarballed
May 7th, 2003, 21:35
I'll take a look around, see what I can find. :mrgreen:

Tarballed

soup4you2
May 8th, 2003, 09:51
there ya go... updated on my site.. took a bit to remember where i put in that damm footer...

schotty
May 8th, 2003, 14:21
linuxjunior.org? I know they link to this BBS, wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose

I can plug it too. Christ, I should be able to throw some of my weight around there ;D

One thing I have proposed is to make a deal with SE, and to have ALL BSD material go here and to have all linux material from here goto LJR. I haven't quite got much of a reception. My thinking was to keep the focus to what the BBS is all about.... we shall see.

cod3fr3ak
May 9th, 2003, 18:23
Darn I missed the vote. Guess I should check in more often. :lol: