revolution
July 30th, 2002, 00:16
anywhere to get iso's of openBSD? i looked on the openbsd site and all i saw were ftp package type listing

elmore
July 30th, 2002, 00:40
I had actually already put an answer here but wanted to double check it. This is straight from the OpenBSD FAQ.

3.1.2 - Does OpenBSD provide an ISO image available for download?

In a word, no. The OpenBSD project does not make the ISO images used to master the official CDs available for download. The reason is simply that we would like you to buy the CD sets, helping fund the ongoing OpenBSD development. The official OpenBSD CD-ROM layout is copyright Theo de Raadt. Theo does not permit people to redistribute images of the official OpenBSD CDs. As an incentive for people to buy the CD set, some extras are included in the package as well (artwork, stickers etc).

Note that only the CD layout is copyrighted, OpenBSD itself is free. Nothing precludes someone else to just grab OpenBSD and make their own CD. If for some reason you want to download a CD image, try searching the mailing list archives for possible sources. Of course, any OpenBSD ISO images available on the Internet either violate Theo de Raadt's copyright or are not official images. The source of an unofficial image may or may not be trustworthy, it is up to you to determine this for yourself. We suggest that people who want to download OpenBSD for free use the FTP install option.

I will have to say Installing OpenBSD shouldn't really take more than about 20 minutes over ftp if you have a cable modem/dsl line.

-elmore-

revolution
July 30th, 2002, 22:01
thanks for the info. Ive got a couple older systems that i would like to learn how to cluster on, and will look into BSD to do it. :D

elmore
July 30th, 2002, 22:38
I posted this in linuxjunior.com earlier today, figured it might come in handy for you.

mkisofs
-v
-r
-l
-L
-T
-J
-V "OpenBSD 3.1"
-A "OpenBSD 3.1, Custom ISO, screw the copyright, I'm too cheap to buy a cd"
-b i386/cdrom31.fs
-c boot.catalog
-o openbsd-i386-3.1.iso
-x openbsd-i386-3.1.iso
/path/to/downloaded/distro/

You can make your own using these options in FreeBSD. If you want rev I got a legit copy of 3.1 I bought I can burn it and mail it to you.

captain^k
August 7th, 2002, 23:56
nothing more than http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=openbsd+iso reveals:

You may get ISO images from:
ftp://ftp.eunet.cz/pub/os/OpenBSD/iso/

--

http://www.roundsparrow.com/Comp/OpenBSD/

--

no brainer uh