Kernel_Killer
May 6th, 2003, 03:14
Well, it's not what it sounds like really. Being that sysinstall is a nice app to install all your ported apps, I'm having a bit of trouble. After doing a portupgrade, and cvsupit, it seems that the port tree from the servers in sysinstall are confused. If I try to install just about anything for sysinstall, I get dependency errors from the port not seeing the upgraded packages it's looking for. For instance, if I install ethereal, it has trouble with Freetype 1.3.1, while I have it installed but is more recent. Running 'make install' from the /usr/ports/net/ethereal/ causes no trouble at all. Help!

(Sorry. If this doesn't make sence, that means the sleep dep has kicked in.)

elmore
May 6th, 2003, 05:57
I think that's a sysinstall limitation. You might be better off doing a pkg_add from the command line with the force option. Or make it from ports. I have the same problem.

Kernel_Killer
May 6th, 2003, 17:10
I was hoping that wasn't the problem, but oh well. :P

soup4you2
May 6th, 2003, 18:39
i think you might have to do a little research on it. but you can specify a package pack enviroment setting.

perhaps pkg_path but i dont know... it really seems like something they would do

soup4you2
May 6th, 2003, 18:47
what about (and if you cant but you seem to be intelligent, i'll write one up) write a script that reads a value then fetches it off the correct path. really simple script to do.. just think of the fun..

optyk
June 5th, 2003, 21:13
/stand/sysinstall -> Options -> Release Name= <foo>

After a cvsup/portupgrade your system probably isn't in '*-RELEASE' condition anymore and this will need to be changed to reflect the current system.

soup4you2
August 5th, 2003, 12:24
hehe sorry for slacking here..

i was right there is some env variables you can set for the package system

setenv PACKAGEROOT ftp://ftp.ftp3.FreeBSD.org
(sets the ftp server for pkg_add)

setenv PKG_TMPDIR /tmp
(where to unpack the packages)

setenv PACKAGESITE ftp://ftp4.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/4.8-STABLE/packages/All
(exact path to package repository)

Kernel_Killer
August 6th, 2003, 17:52
Thanx Soup! Be nice for sysinstall to work at times. :P