May 18th, 2003, 01:23
:oops: When I get into the default desktop I think it is twm. My mouse starts out in the middle of the screen. Then when I move it. It just goes off into the corner where it cannot be moved.
Any and all info on what can be done about this is appreciated.

socomm
May 18th, 2003, 01:32
check the input section of your XF86Config file make sure that you have the appropriate driver and protocol. What sort of mouse are you using ( PS2, usb, .. ), I've had problems like this in the past and usually setting the protocol to whatever protocol your mouse uses will fix this problem right up.

May 18th, 2003, 01:40
:) It is a ps/2 optical mouse.

|MiNi0n|
May 18th, 2003, 09:42
You need to setup moused for auto. I don't have my config right now but I"m sure someone else would be glad to share thiers. Else, I'll get you mine tuesday.

May 18th, 2003, 11:47
I selected the auto in the install. But I don't see anything about auto in the XF86 config file.
So there probably is something that needs edited there.

Here is what it shows on my mouse.

Input device "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

Section Input Device

Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "Mouse"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
End Section

And about the nt thing. Actually I was an ME user. YUCK!! But we all have things in our
past we would rather just forget.
:) [/img]

socomm
May 18th, 2003, 11:59
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"

Option "Protocol" "Auto"

and make sure that moused is enabled. Run "/stand/sysinstall" without the quotes then go to the configure section -> mouse -> enable you should see a mouse pointer on screen, accept when it ask if wether you would like to enable your mouse. If all goes well your mouse will work :)

May 18th, 2003, 14:06
:lol: Thanks alot everyone. I changed it to Auto like you told me and it works. My mouse has finally came out of the corner. :)