PPCLuke
May 22nd, 2003, 01:46
is there a way to get a fram buffer in the command line in FBSD the way Linux does it, you know, how some distros have that little tux in the top corner... I'd like to do something like that with the daemon.

soup4you2
May 22nd, 2003, 13:30
i dont know about a frame buffer but you could always setup a splash screen on bootup..

PPCLuke
May 22nd, 2003, 14:05
Well, I meant like how in Linux you can have CLI resolutions of like 1024x768, I would think that using VESA to run something behind the command line... so I can see more text... it sucks to type 'ls' and only be able to see the last 10 files in a directory...

|MiNi0n|
May 22nd, 2003, 14:56
http://www.screamingelectron.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=410

bsdjunkie
May 22nd, 2003, 15:35
it sucks to type 'ls' and only be able to see the last 10 files in a directory...

ls -alF | more

:roll:

soup4you2
May 22nd, 2003, 21:18
look into vidcontrol you can set all sorts of comand line things like resolution, fonts, scroll back buffer size...

socomm
May 22nd, 2003, 21:49
To up the character count you definately have to look into vidcontrol I have a how-to somewhere round here though its written very poorly I am looking into improving it and maybe adding one on True Type font ( anti-aliasing ) in the next few weeks. Though dont know about framebuffer images I know that there are ways to display images( screensavers do this, namely the image daemon screensaver and the fire screensaver to some extent ) on the system console, though you would have to do some homework on this subject.

soup4you2
May 23rd, 2003, 13:57
if you set a blanktime with out a screensaver and use the bootup splash screen it will display that and fade in and out ever X amount of seconds.. kinda figured that one out one day by accident