cod3fr3ak
May 27th, 2003, 08:45
Ok. Now that I've got a stable OBSD router running, it is now time to shake things up a little. A buddy of mine said that he was able to double his banwidth using high-end ethernet card that took 2 ip addresses (external) and made them look like one big pipe to his internal network. We've been out of contact for a while and I wanted to know if anyone here knew how to do this using Open BSD. If it can be done I was going to buy a quad ethernet card (I have 5 ip addresses allocated to me by my ISP) and place them in a Ultra-2 box running OBSD. Any comments?

cod3fr3ak
May 27th, 2003, 12:35
Nevermind it seems that this is not as doable in real-time as it is on paper.

frisco
May 27th, 2003, 13:05
If you had two or more separate pipes coming in you could use both (like 4 phone connections plexed into one fat pipe), but with only one connection you're limited to the throughput of that single connection, independant of how many ip's are associated with it.

Also, i don't believe merging multiple lines together into one is possible on OpenBSD, but i've heard of this on linux. W/ Open, you could use diff lines for diff traffic, though.

cod3fr3ak
May 27th, 2003, 15:22
Yeah after talking to my network admin here we came up with the same conclusion. Well I guess I'll have to cancel my Comcast Pro account.