Kernel_Killer
May 31st, 2003, 13:20
I'm having trouble logging in locally to my phpBB forum. For some reason I can't log in, or go to the admin panel locally, but have no trouble from another host. This is not exactly a convenient thing. Is there a way I can fix this?

Also, going to the admin panel locally, generates an error of /admin/login.php missing, which is no where to be found at all.

Update: Now my users have trouble logging in after registering, Anyone that knows phpBB help! Elmore! Soup4you2! Anyone that uses this code!

Also, what tpl do I have to edit to add banners/images to the bottom part of the the forum>

soup4you2
June 1st, 2003, 11:15
as for the footer edit

/phpBB2/templates/THEMAGE/overall_footer.tpl

as for /admin/login.php i dont have that file either... is it your theme that your using that could possibly asking for this?

Kernel_Killer
June 1st, 2003, 18:22
WEll, looks like everything works now, but still can't login locally. Dunno what is up with that. Just doesn't want to come stragiht back to me. :?

soup4you2
June 2nd, 2003, 12:57
just outta curiosity have you tried loggin in w/ various ip's

127.0.0.1/phpbb2/ <-loopback
10.0.0.1/phpbb2/ <-internal ip
68.54.54.54/phpbb2/ <-external ip

is it the same problem on all of them?

or could mysql not be allowing permissions from the localhost? just a though..

Kernel_Killer
June 2nd, 2003, 23:23
Sorry I didn't follow up on this. What had happened, was that I had the daomin set to the FQDN, and for some reason the DN got dropped yesturday. :?: Re-registered my domain, and for the time being (until now), I had to set as my IP. Hence, for every time it would lookup my FQDN it would time-out. Now the only problem left, is that bsdjunkie, nor elmore can register. If that problem still exists, I don't know (since the FQDN kicked in today).

Thanx S4U2!!!! Been a good help, and got the footer edited. Now for the rest of the style. :?