Ilya020
June 22nd, 2003, 00:11
Yo guys:

I was having a lot of trouble installing and configuring postfix so I was wondering what other mail sending and recieving programs are available...

Thanks,

Ilya.

elmore
June 22nd, 2003, 01:00
Well there's sendmail and qmail, I personally think both of those are harder to configure than postfix. We have a lot of postfix experts up here though Illya. I'm sure we could help in that department. Have you seen my how to?

soup4you2
June 23rd, 2003, 09:13
i've installed qmail before... talk about a nightmare if you want to set it up to it's fullest abilities.. but once installed it's rock solid... but postfix is running great for me right now.. you should look at the howto it's really good...

tarballed
June 23rd, 2003, 13:22
Speaking of mail protocols, can someone give me a quick breakdown of the following mail protocols:

sendmail
qmail
postfix

Reason I ask is that I am going to be putting up a mail server here and I'd like to be able to put up a mail server that I can setup to be very efficient as well as secure. I would like to have the least amount of problems as well.

Thanks everyone.

Tarballed

elmore
June 23rd, 2003, 14:00
To steal a line from frisco and apply it to mail servers:

sendmail is good but qmail is better and with regards to the previous postfix is the best. ;)