opus
August 14th, 2003, 17:56
After I adduser, what is the command to add all the Maildir stuff into the users account?

soup4you2
August 14th, 2003, 19:07
After I adduser, what is the command to add all the Maildir stuff into the users account?

su as the user and goto their home directory
then run

maildirmake ./Maildir

read up on maildirmake thats how you set quotas also and create shared folders.

|MiNi0n|
August 15th, 2003, 11:24
Petie,

You can also just send the new user an email and postfix will properly create the Maildir directory for you.

tarballed
September 1st, 2003, 17:39
Im not sure if *BSD has this option (still learning) but on Linux, they have an /etc/skel directory where you can place scripts. Every time you create a user, the process reads the /etc/skel directory and executes any scripts in there.

So I just stuck in a quick little script that will automatically create the users Maildir/ directories when I create the user...

Does *BSD have an option like that?

Tarballed

elmore
September 1st, 2003, 18:09
yup it sure does.

tarballed
September 1st, 2003, 18:17
hehehe....

it does indeed!

Not sure why I missed it the first time...beer googles?

T.

tarballed
September 2nd, 2003, 14:06
Just thought i'd share this since I figured out how to get this working automatically...

What you can do is, su to root and navigate to /etc/skel

When you are in there, type the following:

[code:1:d5a0643547]maildirmake Maildir[/code:1:d5a0643547]

Now, each time you create a user using useradd, it automatically creates the directories in /home/<user>

Taa Daa!!

Tarballed

elmore
September 2nd, 2003, 15:10
Alternatively you can just configure /etc/adduser.conf to send a welcome message to each new user which would in turn make the Maildir automatically and also provide a nice little welcome message.