tarballed
August 28th, 2003, 14:44
Morning everyone...

Well, I finally got back to where I was from last week...between the meetings i've been going through, setting up and install, finally getting back to testing..

Basically, redid postfix-2.0.14 and installed the latest version of courier-imap...

All is well: I can send email through the server and when I send a test message to my account on the server, I can then fire up my Netscape Client and get the message...

BUT...running into a problem when I try and compose email and send it through the Netscape client...

When I compose the email and click send, I get the following error pop up in a window box:

Alert: The current command did not succeed: The Mail server responded: Invalid Mailbox name.

Even though it still sends the message, im trying to figure out why that error message pops up...

Anybody have any ideas?

Tarballed

|MiNi0n|
August 28th, 2003, 15:16
It's trying to save a copy of the mail in the default sent-mail folder. You need to change this option in Mail & Newsgroup Account settings.

tarballed
August 28th, 2003, 15:33
That did it...thanks minion.

Tarballed

tarballed
September 1st, 2003, 17:42
Just something I wanted to know:

Everyone appears to like Courier-Imap over UW-Imap...

Is there a big difference between the two as to why one is so much more popular than the other?

Reason I ask is that I read on a mailing list thread, some guy was bashing courier-imap because they do not write their software according to certain standards. They make up their own standards...

Anyone care to comment on this?

Tarballed

jlam
October 5th, 2003, 06:39
Just something I wanted to know:

Everyone appears to like Courier-Imap over UW-Imap...

Is there a big difference between the two as to why one is so much more popular than the other?
Tarballed

Courier-IMAP supports Maildirs natively while UW-IMAP does not. Maildirs are the preferred mailbox format for both qmail and Postfix, hence the popularity of Courier-IMAP. There's also an IMAP server newcomer, Dovecot, that also natively supports Maildirs.