Former Member
August 31st, 2003, 02:20
lo folks, not got my box back yet so I'm just mentally preparing here :) I was wondering about this subject. Obviously there are web sites and howto's out there, though there is nothing better than a competent,up-to-date to-do list. So here goes, could you explain in detail you're post-install configuration tips, techniques and the areas you feel need configuring. No doubt, between you, all of the install options should be covered. Ty folks :)

bsdjunkie
August 31st, 2003, 13:39
#1) man afterboot
#2) www.openbsd.org/faq This explains in great detail over many ares your probably thinking of trying out..

Former Member
August 31st, 2003, 14:02
Yea, I've read through the faq before, got a chunk of it printed off :)

I've begun reading the pf faq, it says to reboot for pf to take effect.... because I'm new to this I don't wanna have to do this, could I just exec the relevant rc script or even copy the relevant pf lines into a personal script?

man pages have been my saviour so many times, many Linux users don't seem to understand them tho lol :) Thanks for the afterboot page

frisco
August 31st, 2003, 19:31
I've begun reading the pf faq, it says to reboot for pf to take effect.... because I'm new to this I don't wanna have to do this, could I just exec the relevant rc script or even copy the relevant pf lines into a personal script?

pfctl -ef /etc/pf.conf

Be sure to set pf=YES in /etc/rc.conf.local

When you need to start a service after bootup that is normally started up at bootup, you can read through /etc/rc to figure out what steps to do.