elmore
September 3rd, 2003, 11:49
Example instead of NetBSD General and NetBSD General Configuration we have just NetBSD General Configuration.

What do you think?

Anyone have any other forum suggestions?

elmore
September 3rd, 2003, 11:52
Here's one other thought, what about just putting NetBSD into the Other BSD category. We haven't had too many NetBSD posts, I don't see it changing.anytime soon.

bsdjunkie
September 3rd, 2003, 12:22
Sounds good to me., In the future if we get more NetBSD posts, we can always put it back as well.

soup4you2
September 3rd, 2003, 12:55
sounds good... i also think you should consolidate the scripts and programming ones.

socomm
September 3rd, 2003, 13:28
Isn't the idea behind *BSD General to have a place to shoot the brrezee about subjects pertaining to that OS, kinda like FreeBSD v. Linux, as opposed to General configuration where it's mostly about trouble shooting configurations/broken ports. How about consiladating [sic] *BSD General with General questions or Anything goes.

elmore
September 3rd, 2003, 13:38
I hadn't really thought about it that way socomm. Ithink of other BSD's as picobsd, dragonfly, embsd, etc. etc. Perhaps a otherBSD's / Linux forum.

Anything goes is more of a culture/off topic/general chat forum. The general questions forum has been where people have placed linux question in the past and other misc questions that don;t fit into any place else.

Keep in mind with anything goes, you can't view it at all unless you're a member. I like to keep technical discussion out of there as much as possible.

v902
September 3rd, 2003, 18:19
I think Scripts Forum is more for posting yoru scripts for which people find handy... And Programming is where you ask for help...

elmore
September 4th, 2003, 01:26
I'm curious to find out who voted no any why.

Former Member
September 4th, 2003, 04:32
A few of the forums can be seen under the same category, though they have differences, the scripting forum for instance is home to a few scripts as well as questions, whereas the programming forum is much more reserved.
Though there may not be many netbsd users around, I wouldn't remove any more than you would the other bsd's.

One of the good points concerning this site is the quality of reply, the common sense and decency shared by users and the specific topics.

Keeping the forum as it is, keeps the users aware of the rest of the forum, and subjects, i find myself visiting various threads from all over this place, its educational and beneficial. I don't want to have to sift through hundreds of posts about general issues, maybe someone else doesn't either. The general size of the forum is slowly increasing, if a large numebr suddenly signed up, we would be neck deep in posts, and quiet a few noobs, which I know aren't to bad (speaking as a noob), but the quality of people shall drop.

Making the forum smaller in terms of topics may attract more users, though put off the shy ones (like myself). Also it may cause confusion as to where to post, we have enough of those already.

Ill cut it early :) i voted no elmore